15 Jul 2010

Mini Book

As promised here are more details of the mini book that I posted up yesterday. It was all a bit of a quick thing, but I have accumulated a fair bit of stuff so finding matching bits and bobs wasn't much of a problem. My lovely mother had recently brought me a Papermania Basic Album (left), which I had decided to break down to become the covers for three mini-albums instead.

In fact (and totally randomly) this was a bit of a Papermania album. The paper that I used as a cover was from a Papermania big stack, and the flowers and brads on the front came from a Papermania embellishment set; three tubes containing buttons, brads and paper flowers. The letters on the front I had from a massive set that I think I got from the works, and I tried to set in some eyelets to seal the holes. Unfortunately the chipboard was a bit too thick.

The pages were all done digitally. I have just got my hands on a new version of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate (which shall be known as Corel from now on) and all the pictures I had been given were either e-mailed or *borrowed* from Facebook. I am slightly quicker on digital and managed to make myself some template pages. Once again I used my Boho Chick kit by Brandy Buffington, just one paper and all the embellishments and frames. It made things much easier with placing photos and editing them, and all the pages could be printed out onto sheets of photo paper. I managed to finish a roll of Xyron during the process (a grand excuse to go off to Hobbycraft tomorrow!) and it was all put together with very little fuss and bother. For those that want to know, the pages were made with some cream card, cut down to size and corners rounded.

It went to work today for signing with the strict instructions that everyone had one shot at writing their message as I hand't managed to supply myself with spare pages. Harriett absolutely loved it, and even if I do say so myself, I am very very pleased with it. I shall definately be using the other covers in a similar way and its a marvellous way to christen the new craft room.

Happily all the paperwork is done now and the desk is sort of clear again. So I can keep sorting and start crafting and hopefully should have lots of lovely things to post.

Love Elliefantasy xxx

No comments: