1 Jun 2010

Scrapbooking for me

I am currently in the middle of working on a new baby book for a friend whose first is due this month. Once I have finished this I have a mini-mini book to make for my step-sister with pictures of our nephew. The last project I did was a mini-mini book for my best friend, and earlier in the year I made a first grandchild book for my stepdad. Lots of lovely projects, but none for me to keep :-(

Today's online blog class is all about blogging and scrapbooking plans for the future. With my craft room iminent, I have been thinking of doing some layouts and projects that I can keep. I have mentioned some in my previous post about my craft room, and the more I look at other people's blogs, the more wonderful ideas spring out at me. In particular, this is a fantastic tutorial for a piece of wall art at Scrappy Sticky Inky Mess, one of my favourite blogs. I can see this being the perfect way to frame pictures of my family as most seem to be taken on my phone and therefore aren't suitable for being enlarged.

Another idea I had was layouts, mini-books and wall hangings based on some of my favourite songs. Wooden Boat by Take That is a song that I think lends itself to being illustrated. And Bohemian Rhapsody appears to me to be the ultimate challenge!

So here is the start of my efforts to make some lovely pieces that I can keep.

Elliefantasy


No comments: